Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tagxedo New Year

I have mixed feelings about Christmas cards.  I love to receive them, but when those first early ones arrive I'm envious of how organised some people are.  I procrastinate each year and when I finally start writing them I feel guilty at the way I'm rushing them out.  I know some people donate to charity instead of sending them, but I do love to hear friends' news in their enclosed letters and I'd be sad if we all gave them up.  Every year I cut down on the quantity we send out to save a few trees (not to mention postage) and then feel terrible when I open a card from someone I've axed from my list.

That's when New Year's cards comes in handy.  How about this one I made using Tagxedo:


You simply type your greeting into Tagxedo and let it mix things up for you.  The words are sized in order, so I actually typed in
"happy NewYear Wishing healthy a you"
Note the lack of space between "New" and "Year" - normally in Tagxedo you make a non-breaking space by typing "New~Year" but that left too much of a gap for my liking.

The other non-default settings I used were:

Respins:
Shape = Horizontal Cloud
Theme = Happy Brights
Font = Euphorogenic
Orientation = H

Word:
Remove Common Words = No
Combine Related Words = No
Combine Identical Words = No

Layout:
Normalize Frequency = Yes
Allow Replication = No

I played around with the layout until I got one I was happy with and printed it out directly onto card (after cropping the Tagxedo frame away in Picasa).

Here's another take on the phrase with a different word order:

"NewYear happy Wishing healthy a you" with Blulola theme
If you pop over to my blog today there are some ideas for more multi-lingual Tagxedo cards (and there are plenty of other Tagxedo card ideas there too)


Jemma

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Reminds me of subway art (wink-wink) :~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great tool. I will investigate it for sure.Great cards Jimjams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen you make these cards before and always think how original they are! I really like the idea of sending New Year cards for those you have received but not sent to. Obviously, this happens to me a lot with the international postage and a new year card is such a great way to go

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.