Saturday, December 17, 2016

Memories of Christmas Past by Kelly


This month I am continuing to work on my Christmas album while doing just a little holiday scrapping. At the beginning of the month, I put together a small kit so I would be ready to create when I had the chance.

I have been working my way through the prompts in the class Your December Story at Get It Scrapped to inspire me to make just a few layouts documenting this Christmas as well as holidays past. My first layout is featured in this blog post.

The second lesson in the class prompted me to look back at the people who have influenced the way I celebrate the holidays today.  Over the years, my sister, who is always more on trend than me, has definitely changed the way I decorate my home for Christmas. For example, she introduced me the beauty of wrapping all my presents in the same paper. (We always used a variety of wrapping papers for gifts as I was growing up.) Walking into her home and seeing all of her presents wrapped in white and gold truly changed the way I decorate for the holidays today.

The page I created for this prompt showcases the presents under my tree last year. I intentionally made the page very simply, using a sketch from Scrapbook Challenges.


When I printed out my journaling, I accidentally smudged the ink. I almost printed the lines over again, but in the spirit of embracing imperfection and simplicity, I went ahead and adhered the smudged pieces.



Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Nice layout and a cool way to embrace the holiday, my sister does this similar by each of us getting our gifts wrapped in a certain color paper, but the same paper for each. Easy to locate gifts for each one with out the need for tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually find it very difficult to use sketches as a starting point, so I always admire those that make it look effortless! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.