For the ones that don't like big huge kits but want to play along we are here to help :)
Here is a reminder what our inspiration kit looks like!
Our Mini kit curators this month are Master Forger Christine and Master Forger Vikki
Master Forger Christine
When I signed up for the Mini Kit for this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge, I knew I wanted to keep things simple. Then I saw the inspiration kit and immediately noticed the travel theme. That sent me digging through my stash, and I remembered this Echo Park collection that had been sitting around waiting for the right photos.
The collection is Echo Park's Born to Travel, which originally came from a June 2025 ScrapRoom kit. It wasn't an exact match to the inspiration kit, but it had the same general feeling—travel, adventure, bright colors, airplanes, maps, luggage and all the fun little details that make a travel collection fun to work with.
And, honestly, since it was already in my stash, it seemed like a pretty good excuse to finally use it!
Once I decided on the collection, I went looking for photos to match it. I landed on pictures from a 2011 trip to England. These photos have been waiting for a scrapbook home for a long time, so this challenge gave me the perfect reason to get them out of the photo box.
I ended up creating three layouts from the kit.
The first layout focuses on our visit to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway. I loved the larger "Adventure Awaits" piece from the collection, so I built the layout around it and used the plaid paper as a big grounding element. The little windmill, clouds and travel embellishments helped reinforce the whole adventure theme without making the page feel too busy.
The second layout is all about the journey. I used the colorful travel-themed patterned paper behind the photos and added the large "Trip of a Lifetime" embellishment as the focal point. The little airplane, Big Ben, hot air balloon and travel pieces were just too perfect not to use.
Master Forger Vikki
Here's my mini kit for the month. I didn't really have any travel photos ready to scrapbook, so I tried to stay with the colors of the inspiration kit. I created a neutral kit that could be used for anything.
For my first project, I made a 12x12 layout using the cutest hot air balloon paper. I cut the paper into 1/2 inch strips and spaced them just a tad apart on the background paper.
I used a few different papers from my kit to mat the photos and to layer behind the photos.

For my second 12x12 layout, I stamped several images of flowers in various colors. I then fussy cut them out and they turned out to be a great forgery. I made a flower wreath around the photo, alternating the flowers with a circle die. I really love how this turned out. With all that fussy cutting, it was definitely a labor of love.
- 12th - Challenge #1: Ready, Set, Explore!
- 18th - Challenge #2: Travels Documented
- 22nd - Challenge #3: Let's Get Sketchy
- 30th - Baby Use Those Scraps
We'd love to see what you create! Share your projects in the Counterfeit Kit Community on Facebook or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge. #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcSeptember2026
Happy Scrapping! Tina




No comments:
Post a Comment
Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation
If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.