How Does The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Work?
Every month, Bethany (co-founder and site coordinator) chooses a kit from a popular kit club for us all to use as inspiration. That kit is revealed here on the 1st of every month.
The kits we choose are fairly current and aren't more than a year old. The challenge is to draw inspiration from the "real kit" to create your own "counterfeit kit" using just the supplies you already own. Our fabulous design team (aka: the Master Forgers) are here to help you every step of the way - from providing tips on how to choose products from your stash to showcasing layouts and cards to get your creative juices flowing.
In addition to our "counterfeit" challenge, we issue three other challenges - on the 6th, 12th and 16th of each month. These challenges are specifically designed to help you use up items in your kit.
There's also tutorials for creating your own embellishments and two blog hops - one at the beginning of the month where the design team unveils their kits and a second toward the end of the month for everyone to share their counterfeit kits and creations!
We challenge you to jump right in, join us, be inspired, create and share your work! We can't wait to meet you!
We LOVE participation! Here are some ways that YOU can get involved and play along!
1. Monthly Link Up: We love to see what you are working on! Link up your project based on your kit from either your blog or Flicker. We promise you will get some great feedback!
2. Monthly Blog Hop: You can join in our once a month blog hop with one of YOUR projects. We are eager to help "show you off".
3. CKC Flicker Group: Feel free to post your project to our flicker group! A lot of people go there for inspiration!
4. Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Group: We have a pretty active Facebook group with additional inspiration throughout the month. Please join us!
5. Guest Designer: Each month I happily look through our Monthly Look Up to see who is playing along! I then pick one wonderful designer who has shown what they can do with a kit and ask them to be a guest designer for a month (usually by posting a comment on their blog). The Guest Designer gets an e-mail along with our Master Forgers to get a first look at the new kit, they participate in the opening kit reveal hop and one of our challenges and have a great time being our focus for the month.
Other helpful information ….