|Sassafrass Vintage Brooches|
1. Choose some paper or silk flowers from your existing supplies (or die cut a few). They will work best if they are a few different sizes. You will only need two or three layers for each "faux brooch". But you can use as many layers as you would like.
2. Using a glue stick, cover the surface with glue.
3. Sprinkle UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) over the flowers.
4. Using a heat embossing gun, melt the UTEE. (You may need to apply a few layers.)
4. When the flowers are still warm, you can "reshape" each petal to add a little dimension.
5. Attach the various layers together with a brad.
*CAUTION: These get VERY hot when you are making them, you will probably want to hold them with a pair of tweezers until they are cool enough to touch.
|"Faux" Brooches made with silk flowers.|
|"Faux" brooches made with paper die cuts.|