Monday, February 21, 2011

Mini Challenge: Paper Piecing

Did you see the the cute little tutorial in Scrapbooks Ect. this month for a puppy made out of some hearts and circles?  It would be so sweet on a kid's Valentine.  I love to paper piece, but don't often take the time to do it anymore.  There is a certain satisfaction out of making things yourself, though, that pre-made embellishements just can't quite muster.  Here are a few of my projects that I have used paper piecing on:






I am very fortunate to own *cough* several electronic die cutting machines (my husbands big gift giving idea), so that does make it easier.  I still enjoy getting out my punches or scissors and seeing what I can create, though. 

Mini Challenge:
Paper piece something to use on a layout, card or project made with your kit.  You can use a die cut machine, punches or even just scissors.  Don't forget to post it to our Mr. Linky so you can be entered to win a great Scrapbook Kit from Scraps of Darkness!

Paper Piecing Inspiration:
Flower Bug
Scrapbooks Ect. Patterns
Splitcoast Stampers Paper Piecing Tutorial
Basics of Paper Piecing
Great example of using details

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects! Love the pumpkins on the one card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those projects! I am going to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried paper piecing...I may just have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love The Perfect Day! Everyone seems to have frames to display 12x12 scrapbook pages now. I really like Creative Memories Everyday Display since it is magnetic. If only I could get a nice piece of sheet metal to use in the frames...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cute pumpkin card. I used to be a paper piecing queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the owl in the tree made of circles and buttons! Very clever, and pretty easy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, I could never get paper piecing to work for me.

    Your creations look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your examples are adorable! I especially love the little owl in the circle tree!

    ReplyDelete