Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rhinestone, Pearl, and Dew Drop Flourish Tutorials

There is an elegant self-adhesive pearl flourish in the Inspiration Kit by Zva Creative...


Similar Pearl Flourish by Zva Creative

A simple and INEXPENSIVE way to re-create this type of flourish is shown in the following tutorial posted by Gabrielle Pollacco. http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=499

I think I'm going to have to go buy a few bottles of the pearlized puffy paint for these little beauties!!!

There is also a Zva Creative rhinestone flourish in the Romance Add-On Kit...


Rhinestone flourish by Zva Creative

A tutorial for a hand made flourish made with rhinestones has been posted by Cristal~Pinky on Scrapbook.com...here is the link  http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/1261.html

Another variation...

If you would rather create these flourishes with Dew Drops...check out the following tutorial for creating hand made dew drops with hot glue!!!  The Frugal Crafter posted this great tutorial... http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/make-your-own-dew-drops/


I can't wait to see your layouts with these beautiful (inexpensive) home made flourishes!!!

13 comments:

  1. I have lots of dimensional paint - and a swirly template - these will be appearing on a page near me soon! Great idea TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tutorials are awesome~~~getting my brain going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are awesome!!! I love the flourishes but won't buy them because of the cost!!! These will be used in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's an idea use SCAL2 or MTC to evenly place your rhinestones on a swirl! I also shared that you can use a scalloped image in Cricut DS to create a pattern here: http://cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/2011/01/creating-rhinestone-templates-with-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn said...
    I have also use Stickles instead of pearly paint, and it comes out looking more blingy like gems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some perfect pearls I can use. I think I will use my Bazzill fluorish sewing template as a guide. I have made my own dew drops with hot glue before and the effects are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond fantastic! I am so using these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this idea!! I even included some Liquid Pearls in my kit, so it's time to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should really use the stuff I have on hand lol but making new stuff looks fun. Off to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorials ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tip! Thanks for sharing the tutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to make some of these embellishments. Will pop and see the tut's, thanks for posting them. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is another "frugal" idea for making your own flourish "bling".

    http://frugalscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/02/frugal-flourish-bling.html

    Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.