Monday, March 14, 2011

Sherri's Etsy Challenge

Printer's Tray:
When I heard about this challenge, I knew right away that I wanted to make a printer's tray.  I had seen some on Etsy before, and I loved them!  I also knew that I could make my own for a fraction of the cost.  I found this printer's tray which I absolutely loved: Etsy Printer's Tray.

Because I am a frugal scrapper, I thought I could save a lot of money just by re-purposing a shelf.  I found this one for only 45 cents at Goodwill!  You can see the original shelf on my blog-I love looking at the before and after shots!  Almost everything I used to alter it was from this month's kit.  The only things that I added were some epoxy brads.  I made the most of the die-cuts from my kit, plus lots of fun tools like punches and stamps.  Did you notice that the dress form and sewing machine were stamped on a transparency?  No transparencies in my kit, though-check out my blog for how I made these accents from my kit.



(  Don't you just love it!  To see more about Sherri's project, please go to Bits and Pieces of Me.)

10 comments:

  1. Yes Sherri, I do just love it!! I've seen the printer's trays and thought how cool it would look hanging on my scrap wall~~~~ Thanks for the idea, think I'll head on out to Goodwill today~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri that is FANTASTIC! AMAZING! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, that is beautiful! I love the before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Great job... love the dress form and butterfly~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find, and a terrific project! I'm the same way - I love those trays, but can't stand to pay for one. I'm heading to the thrift store asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really pretty! You did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This altered wood frame is so fun & fabulous!! I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I have been looking at my goodwill for something like this, but no luck yet!

    ReplyDelete