If there is one part of scrapbooking I love, it is the paper. So many pretty patterns and color combinations, I can't seem to help myself. :) When I have the money (and can actually get my hands on the paper) that is so much fun, but there is a great way to get the same "fix" without spending the money at all!
Let's talk about Counterfeiting paper!
Some tips about stamping your own paper:
1. Stamp with your larger stamps first...then fill in with your smaller stamps
2. Stamp off the edge of the paper for a more authentic look
3. Try embossing, coloring in your stamped images and distressing the paper to add demension
4. Stamp one small section of your paper at a time to get a more random look
5. If you are creating a smaller piece of background paper for a card or embellishment...use smaller stamped images to keep the scale the right size
Here are some great tutorials about making your own paper:
The Stamp Goddess
My Favorite Things
Another alternative is going digital. You can use it digitally, or print it out to use!
Make your own background paper with digital stamps
2 Peas: Making digital paper using brushes
So onto THE CHALLENGE:
Stamp your own background paper and use it in a project!