Sunday, November 6, 2011

Master Forgers Counterfeit Kits

We have an awesome variety of different ways to interpret and recreate an Inspiration kit this month!  There are large kits and small kits, variations on the color schemes, even variations on the holiday...enjoy!!!

We will start with our guest designer, Felecia.


Main Kit: Cozy Up to Autumn

"When I first got a look at the inspiration kits from Scraptastic Club’s November 2011 kits, I was immediately drawn to the colors – orange, blue green – and the leaves in the Autumn Splendor kit and Add on.  Call me predictable, in November, I feel like working with those splendid fall colors.  After trolling through my stash for a bit, I decided to up the saturation a bit and go heavy on the autumn theme - trading in some deep Chocolate for the charcoal and substituting trees and leaves for butterflies and cloud.
My first three paper choices were three papers from Studio Calico that have the orange/green/brown color combo.  I used Cupboard, Love Bird and Linen all from Studio Calico’s Memoir line. A little sifting through my brown printed papers yielded a GORGEOUS chocolate paper with really cool looking trees on it called Botanico from Chatter box. I had a couple of orange patterns that mimicked the wonderful Harvest Summer’s End paper from Fancy Pants in the original kit. I couldn’t really decide which I liked, so both got included – the Shell Macaroni paper from the Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli collection and Morning Glory from Webster’s Pages Feather your Nest.  I found an amazing chocolate colored wood print called Milk paper from Jillibean Soup’s Apple Cheddar Soup. And then added some absolutely necessary polka dots in the form of Oui Oui from the My Minds Eye Tres Jolie line. Patterned paper done, and so, so yummy!!
There are 8 pieces of cardstock for this kit, two each of  Bazzill in Cheddar, Parakeet and Walnut as well as Blue Jay from American Crafts.
The Fancy Pants chipboard shapes in the original kit have the most gorgeous colors and shapes, but decided to take a different route. Rather than butterflies and clouds, I pulled out some chipboard trees by Maya Road. For the journal chipboard pieces, I subbed Studio Calico journal spot stickers that I can alter and stack and pop up like chipboard.  And I replicated the banner pieces using a banner sticker from he Pink Paislee and a Perfectly Pleated Bazzill border. I chose to put the Jillibean soup Apple Cheddar cardstock stickers in to give me some embellishment options as well as another set of letters.  Since the colors were so much more saturated than in the original kit, I threw in some chocolate Scenic Route letters for titles as well. Its good to have options!
The original kit has quite a few twine options, but this is one supply I don’t have much of. The Jillibean Soup twine card has two of the four colors of twine I have in my stash. Its augmented by a little bundle of brown string that I saved from some package wrapping. I tossed in some 7gypsies Avignon tape as well because the colors were perfect. That tape might make a good banner too, depending on the layouts.
I really like to have embellishment options in my kits and the original kit seemed like it could use some more choices. Since I recently picked up a number of things from Studio Calico, I broke out some Elementary stickers and some kraft border stickers as options. I also came across a FULL set of Fashion Sense Felt Shapes from Fancy Pants in Harvest – that would be the cozy part of the kit!"


Add-On kit: Alpha-Crazy

"There was one thing about that amazing Scraptastic Club Autumn Splendor Add On that I was just completely in love with: all those amazing LillyBee ALPHABETS!  I don’t know exactly how I’m going to use them yet, but I just HAD to put together a few more alphas for my own add on.
I went with a bunch of different sizes in my main color choices. There is a set of Alphabet Avenue Business Alphas from Arctic Frog, Mini Alphabet Stickers in Sunrise from MLS, some Mini Market Stickers in Green and Cream from October Afternoon and Petite Type Square in cream and brown from Authentique. A little bit of everything for lots of variety and options.
I also wanted to mimic all the lovely leaf shapes in the Fancy Pants rub-ons and the wooden leaves included in the original add on, so I dug out an old set of Plain Leaves chipboard from Scenic Route and some pieces of a Leaf Coaster set form Maya road.  I also came across the Chocolate Ruffle Wraps (what an amazing name!) from Bo Bunny and thought they would make a lovely addition. The add-on is rounded out with two pieces each of two colors of cardstock: some kraft from Paperbilities and a little Vanilla Bazzill.
One thing that isn’t in either of these kits that I anticipate using is mists…with all those bold chipboard shapes, I’m sure I will use mists or paint in the layouts…but I had a little trouble picking colors and so I think I’ll be experimenting a bit to get something that feels right.
These kits are EXACTLY the color realm I love to work in…I’m so excited to get started scrapping with this kit!!! And, as you can tell, I’ve got some things in my stash that it would be good use up! Thank you SO MUCH Counterfeit Kit Challenge  team for letting me play along this month! "

11 comments:

  1. Oh ladies I love all of our kits I love the names and how each one is so different! I am so glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely kit, Felecia. Your Studio Calico base makes for a very versatile kits. And speaking of versatile, look at all those other great kits. Well done, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - lots of scrumptious stash there girls. My kit will be up on my blog later tonight/tomorrow - too busy creating with it at the moment sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...everyone of these are amazing! REALLY loving how different they are! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a lot of fun! Great inspiration kits and I love what we've all made - I have some serious kit envy! I might have to add some bits and pieces in now that I have seen all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kits, everyone!! I love seeing how everyone else pulls them together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing how different all the kits are! I agree - great inspiration kits this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kits - well done e1 - so much loveliness and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kits all look fabulous this month!!! I am making a commitment to join in on the fun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy kits! I'm just about ready to start scrapping again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lots of fabulous inspiration. Now to assemble my kit .....

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.