Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tutorial-Faux Leaf Buttons and Wooden Shapes


Kaisercraft-wooden leaf flourishes
Studio Calico-memoir wooden veneer houses
Favorite Findings- wood autumn leaves buttons
from Inspiration Kits

A few different ideas for counterfeiting these wooden embellishments.

Kaisercraft Wooden Leaf Flourishes- try cutting a leaf from fun foam with a Sizzix or Cuttlebug, then cut it again from wood grain paper, glue the two cuts together.

Favorite Findings Wooden Autumn Leaves Buttons- I punched 6 leaf shapes, glued them one on top of each other, coated the top leaf with Glossy Accents.  After the Glossy Accents dried, I punched 2 hole with my Crop-a-Dial to mimic the button holes.

My Faux Buttons
Faux Wooden Embellishments-Once again, Milissa created a tutorial.  It can be found here.

And a few tutorials for creating wood grain paper...

5 comments:

  1. I have to remember to try the layering of punches...that is something I've wanted to try for other things, but have never done it. Its a brilliant counterfeit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little wooden leaves, and would love to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete