Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tutorial-Patchwork Paper


Crate Paper "Homemade" paper from the Farmhouse line
When I first saw the inspiration kit, I KNEW I wanted to counterfeit this patchwork-type paper using scraps and my sewing machine.  This is what I did...

1-I used a 12x12 Kraft piece of paper as my background. 
2-Cut 1.5 inch squares from various scraps of patterned paper
3-Using just a bit of adhesive, I attached the squares to the Kraft cardstock in a diamond pattern,I left a tiny gap of space between each square.
4-I set my stitches on my sewing machine to zig zag with a large stitch width and stitched up and down each "seam".

Here is what I created...



PS-You can tweak the colors to match any line of papers or any kit you create.

14 comments:

  1. That looks great, off to sort out all my silly little scraps that I can't bring myself to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - and a great use for tiny scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scrapping and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that paper. I am going to try that this month. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome counterfeiting. I have loads of scraps, I'm going to try that too - just need to learn to sew in straight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Awesome counterfeiting! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi (aka move4life)November 8, 2011 at 12:53 PM

    beautiful counterfeit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paper looks amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING...I REALLY need to get my sewing machin out of storage.

    ReplyDelete