Thursday, December 15, 2011

Photographing Christmas Lights and Your Christmas Tree

Ever since I got my DSLR camera (2 Christmas' ago), I have wanted to be able to take some good pictures of my Christmas lights and tree.  Last year at this time I was still stuck in "Auto" mode...but this past year I have really learned how to use all of the Modes, including Manual.  So I started searching for a few tutorials to get me moving in the right direction for photographing my tree.  I have even found ideas/tutorials for using a point and shoot camera for these types of photos.  This is what I found...

A blog post from "Unskinny Boppy" with camera settings for a DSLR

A blog post with lots of examples using both point and shoot and DSLR cameras by August Tea Photography.

Another post by professional photographer, Danielle Bryson

Another blog post with lots of links by Midwestern Sewing Girl

Merry Christmas!!!
-Meridy

2 comments:

  1. Many gardeners are embracing Brought Grow Lights above other expand lights that you can buy for interior garden. They’re doing so because they equipment and lighting aid their seed grows better. They also expense them less than other option in the marketplace. These a few of the reasons why these lights are very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are some great links there - I take hundreds of photos at this time of year and last year I mastered shaped bokeh - that was a lot of fun! thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.