Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tutorial: Papers

October Afternoon-- Sidewalks "Marbles"
 To recreate this paper you will need:
  • Small bits and pieces of scraps in various colors ad patterns
  • Circle punch(es) --I used 2 sizes of circles, and one circle with rigid edges
  • 1 piece of cardstock for the background
  • Machine stitching (optional)
  • Adhesive
Step 1:  Choose coordinating scrap pieces (I choose to match the other colors in my Counterfeit Kit)
Step 2: Punch/cut circles in various sizes from the scraps
Step 3: Cut about half of the punched circles in half
 
Step 4: Start adhering the circles and half circles on your paper.  I did one line at a time in a random pattern/order. 
***I made certain that I never put 2 of the same color next to each other in any row or column.


Step 5:  If desired machine stitch down each column of circles.  (I did this mainly so everything will stay in place, especially if I eventually cut the paper into smaller pieces.)

Close-up...I think it would also be cute with a zig zag stitch.
Ali, a fellow Counterfeiter, also lifted this design, check it out on her blog, http://alits.blogspot.com/2012/02/counterfeit-paper.html.  Great job Ali!!!

Margie also recreated a few papers from this month's inspiration kit, check out her blog for those tutorials at http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/2012/02/making-your-own-patterned-paper.html.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this counterfeit - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job here. Margie's papers are also fabulous. I hope to have my scrappy room back in order in time to start scrapping again in March. (Crossing everything.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are YUMMY!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to try this out - fabulous counterfeit! I love the different sized circles and the edged one - just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie, this is such an awesome idea! I thought briefly about trying this, and now you've inspired me to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the counterfeits of the papers. I have done a few in past months and really enjoy the challenge of duplicating the paper AND using my stamps and scraps.

    ReplyDelete