Sunday, March 4, 2012

Organize This...Week 5

Photo Credit-Cooks, Cleans, Plays with Paper Blog
If you are following along with our organizational mini challenges, you should have been working on organizing you paper for the past 2 weeks.   I have to admit, I fell behind these last 2 weeks.  I have not worked on my paper one. little. bit.   But I HAVE been scrapbooking--quite productively, I might add. 

This week's organizational challenge, found here, is all about organizing your paper SCRAPS!   If you use your scraps (or if you really WANT to use your scraps---but can't because they are too inconvenient/unorganized) this is definitely a post you should read. 

My goal this week is to accomplish these 3 things with my scraps:
1-border punch and layer my 12" long scraps into "pre-punched" border strips
2-cut any thing shorter than 12", but larger than 4 1/2"x 6 1/2" into photo mats
3-group the remaining tiny scraps into color schemes to make either layouts, cards, mini banner, embellishments, or decorative tags to use in my scrapbooks

5 comments:

  1. Those are such great goals!! I'm saving it so I can do the same soon :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my scraps in 12x12 file folders by color, but I love the way they look in the magazine files. Maybe I would use them more if I could see them... Great idea to have them pre-punched and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have more inches of scraps than full sheets at this point. My goal is to make my own patterned papers by turning strips into stripes. Later I can cut into them for shapes, cards, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of punching the 12" strips, I have tons of those from CM many years ago. Now to find a border punch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the magazine files are a great idea for scraps by colour. I think having them out like that might well make them more usable.... brain now whirring!

    ReplyDelete