Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Organize This: Week 9


This week's "line-up" is to organize your embellishments...Embellishments are quite possibly my favorite items to hoard, collect, use on my layouts.  I LOVE embellishments...all of them.  I love using 'found items', as well as product packaging, and of course typical embellishments on my layouts.  And I feel that I have tried every method under the sun for their storage.  I hope to come up with some good ideas after looking over this week's organization challenge.  I think I need a hybrid type of storage system, one that has a few types of embellishments organized by "item", with the rest organized by color. 

Here is the link to Wookie Mouse's Embellishment Organization Blog Post.

5 comments:

  1. What perfect timing. I just got started on reorganising my embellishments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a big challenge for so many reasons. I have as many of mine organized by color as I can, but others are definitely organized by type. It's such a fun problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a definite problem area for me. I try to organize by color, however there are some that I like to keep by manufacture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many embellishments that I have lots of different storage solutions. I use a lot of plastic boxes with little slots. Plus PBX type containers with segmented pages inside.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Really Useful boxes little one that stack 4x4 they hold my buttons, ribbons by colour and oddments. I also keep mixed embellishments by colour so that I can grab bits quickly if I'm off to a crop. I now need more of RUBoxes to house my flowers.

    ReplyDelete