Saturday, July 14, 2012

Challenge #1: Operation Write Home

I am VERY excited to be issuing this challenge!  It is one that I think about often, but have never done myself.



Operation Write Home
"This merry band of thousands of cardmakers is made up of Americans – and citizens of other nations too – who care about our military, and want to support them through creativity and encouragement. Many thousands of crafters of all ages and levels of experience have participated since 2007!
Care packages filled with hundreds of handmade cards are sent to our contacts, restocking every 6-8 weeks, and are sent in time for the long journey back home to loved ones. Each box is packed with great care, alternating styles, colors, and cardmakers from all over the USA, creating “eye candy” for heroes who see only khaki around them. The topper on each box is a plastic bag filled with 20-30 letters from adults and children across the country, letters handed out especially to those in need of a positive word from the homefront.
Boxes are shipped through every week of the year, so join us anytime in sending your beautiful creations to help our heroes keep in touch with home!"

**Taken Directly from the Operation Write Home Site

Challenge #1: This challenge is simple : make a card...or more and send it to Operation Write Home.  For this challenge, I would like ONE card to be made from your July kit, but if you want to send more than one, the rest can be made from whatever supplies you have on hand (or even previously made and "saved for someday when I find someone to send it to" cards).

Operation Write Home does have some guidlines, so let me help you by organizing them for you.
1.  What to send:  Card Themes  ;  card guidlines  ;  Basic Questions Answered

2.  Where to send them:  Mailing Addresses

3.  How to be helpful:  Free Stamp for Back of Card

4.  Great Inspiration:  Get Busy: Tutorials...sketches...

Here is what I would LOVE!  Please comment on here how many cards you mailed and let's see how high we can get that number!!


2 comments:

  1. I just checked out the program, I had never heard about it before. I am all for this project. I just ordered the whole cling stamp set so my son's Cub Scout Pack can contribute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have contributed to this organization a couple of times before, but it has been a while now since I have. I think this is a wonderful thing they do for our service men and women. After all, it's not like they can run down to the local store to get a card to send home to their loved ones. It's another one of those sacrifices they make for us at home, so it's the least we can do to help them. I will certainly want to contribute! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.