Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inspiration from around the web

My inbox is filled every day with newsletters and updates from scrapbook sites, galleries, online class sites and bloggers I love. Most of these get deleted immediately because let's face it, who has the time to  read all that stuff these days?

But a recent TwoPeasInABucket newsletter caught my eye informing me that triangles are right on trend at the moment. Really? I mean, I've seen a few here and there but surely, they are not going to take over chevrons.. or are they?

Here's a selection of the on-trend triangle finds I came across.

Two Peas blog post from their "Trends Watch" series - here

Credit - Two Peas blog (here)

This wonderful card combining the triangle with the ombré trend - double win

Card credit Jess Larson at Split Coast Stampers

I need this paper in my stash!

Crush 12X12 Fourteen Paper by Crate Paper - Two Peas in a Bucket

Julie Fei Fan Balzer creates some awesome designs for Crafter's Workshop - makes me want to get my hands messy.

Crafter's Workshop at Scrapbook.com

Happy pages about happy times.

Elizabeth Kartchner at Two Peas

Adorable flair buttons I think I would use on every layout if I got them

Flair Buttons at Two Peas by a Flair for Buttons

And just for fun - wouldn't you just love a quirky bookcase like this in your home? Or is that just me? LOL. I am inspired to interpret this look on a page - watch this space...

Photo credit here at Waka Waka

What do you think about the triangle trend? 

7 comments:

  1. What a great post! I have had triangles on the brain myself lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything comes back, doesn't it? When I started making window treatments in the late 1990's, triangles were the most popular shape to incorporate. I'd like to use some in my scrapbooking now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the triangle trend when they look like arrow heads, I'm less inspired by the 'all over' triangle patterns.That bookcase is super cool though, and I do love that page by Dear Lizzy. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, triangles! Fab bookcase :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them and keep forgetting to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm....I really like triangles used as arrows. But, I don't really like them cut into patterned paper. Hey - just saw that Jennifer thinks the same thing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triangles are chevrons with a bite taken out of the back!

    I like the effects of rows of triangles, such as the Elizabeth Kartchner layout above. Note... they end in chevrons!

    ReplyDelete