Aahh..leftovers. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love not cooking on Sundays and having everyone "fend for themselves" with the leftovers. I HATE the space they take up in the fridge.
I'm the same way with my scraps. I love being able to use up bits on my project and not cut up a big sheet of paper. I HATE how disorganized they get!
I finally came up with a solution for my scraps that is working well for me.
1. As I make a layout, I go ahead and use the scraps from it to put together some cards right away.
2. The scraps that are left go into a basket.
3. When the basket gets annoying, I trim them to the following sizes:
6x6, 4x6, 3x4 and 12x12/6x6 punched borders.
4. The extra bits get tossed guilt free UNLESS I absolutely love it and then it goes back into the basket to use later.
5. Sometimes I will head straight to the basket for my cards...mix and match my scraps.
Challenge #2: Leftover Challenge: Pick a scrap (not from your kit) to use on a project! Hey...use as many scraps as you want! The more the merrier!
I have a feeling our Master Forgers turned some Leftovers into some "Fine Dining"! Let's take a look!