Friday, September 20, 2013

Inspired?... You will be!

Sorry this post has been missing the last few months. Busy times!

But that's not to say that I haven't been looking around at what is inspiring us on the internet. And I'm here to share another (not so) new trend. Or rather a comeback.

When I first started scrapping back in 2006, there were a lot of shapes around. It was the done thing to cut papers into shapes and I was even known to cut my pictures too! Then it all went away for a bit and now shapes are back.

A few months ago, I talked about the geometric triangle and today I'd like to highlight the circle. I have a layout from way back where everything is circular and I haven't done that for a long time but I noticed how many layouts have been featuring circles - papers, vellum, embellishments though not so many circular photos.

Here are a few layouts that I'm particularly inspired by and I'm impressed at how modern these circles look:

Amy Tangerine for Studio Calico 
Maggie Holmes for Studio Calico 
Elizabeth Kartchner at Two Peas

Paige Taylor Evans at Two Peas
And here are just a few stash items that have a circular focus. I think these would all be great, and easy, to counterfeit, don't you?
Jillibean Soup at Scrapboo.com
I guess I could fussy cut something like this but I'm thinking that for those of you with a Silhouette, this would be a cinch!
Studio Calico at Two Peas

Dear Lizzy paper at Two Peas
Another super item to counterfeit - I just adore the gentle look of this paper

Crafter's Workshop stencil template at Scrapbook.com

And how about a sketch to get your circles turning?

Sketch by Citrus Twist Kits

So, get your circle cutters out and add some to your next layout!

5 comments:

  1. Love those layouts! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been a linear person but am gonna venture outta my comfort zone and try something circular this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these layouts are beautiful! Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete