Friday, December 20, 2013

Flip A Sketch Challenge

The idea behind this challenge is really simple:  take a sketch that is intended for a page and use it for a card. Or, if you are not a card maker, make a tag.  You can use the tag as an embellishment on a layout.  I love doing this when I get really stuck.  It gives me a new perspective - and, well, challenge.  Plus, sometimes I might see a sketch I really like but I'm just not in the mood to do a full page,

Here is the sketch I'm going to use for today's challenge.
Layout to Card Sketch: Creative Scrappers #253
Here's my card, because who can't use a last minute Christmas card right about now, right?


 And just for kicks, here's a birthday card made using the same sketch:

So, do you want to see a tag?  Of course you do (and even if you don't I made one for you anyway!)

This will look super cute on a page layout I have in mind!

A few tips when looking for a layout sketch to convert to a card:
  • You'll want a single page sketch.
  • A sketch with fewer pictures isn't necessarily better - you can always switch out a picture for an embellishment.
  • A card is just a scaled down layout so size matters - too many small strips or pieces on a sketch will mean less pieces on a card versus a layout.
  • A sketch is just a guideline - give it your own flair!
If this sketch doesn't work for you, feel free to find another.  These are some of the sketch blogs I follow:

5 comments:

  1. Stuck?! sketches always have good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about Sketch N Scrap! :)
    sketchnscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple yet clever idea!
    Your samples are terrific - always helps to see the idea in action :~)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.