Friday, December 20, 2013

Flip A Sketch Challenge

The idea behind this challenge is really simple:  take a sketch that is intended for a page and use it for a card. Or, if you are not a card maker, make a tag.  You can use the tag as an embellishment on a layout.  I love doing this when I get really stuck.  It gives me a new perspective - and, well, challenge.  Plus, sometimes I might see a sketch I really like but I'm just not in the mood to do a full page,

Here is the sketch I'm going to use for today's challenge.
Layout to Card Sketch: Creative Scrappers #253
Here's my card, because who can't use a last minute Christmas card right about now, right?


 And just for kicks, here's a birthday card made using the same sketch:

So, do you want to see a tag?  Of course you do (and even if you don't I made one for you anyway!)

This will look super cute on a page layout I have in mind!

A few tips when looking for a layout sketch to convert to a card:
  • You'll want a single page sketch.
  • A sketch with fewer pictures isn't necessarily better - you can always switch out a picture for an embellishment.
  • A card is just a scaled down layout so size matters - too many small strips or pieces on a sketch will mean less pieces on a card versus a layout.
  • A sketch is just a guideline - give it your own flair!
If this sketch doesn't work for you, feel free to find another.  These are some of the sketch blogs I follow:

5 comments:

  1. Stuck?! sketches always have good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about Sketch N Scrap! :)
    sketchnscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out! Thanks!
      --Milissa

      Delete
  3. Such a simple yet clever idea!
    Your samples are terrific - always helps to see the idea in action :~)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete