So, I am sad to tell you that this will be our last Counterfeit Kit. The Design Team has voted me out and would like to take over the blog. I can't have that, so I am going to copyright the concept and not let anyone ever use it again. Ever. In their whole lives. Ever. LOL Okay, I am the worlds WORST joker. I always smile or giggle partway through.
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!
We have a bit of fun planned for you this month! Especially today! The tricks will keep on coming in the form of a contest!
When you do our blog hop, each blog member will list 3 things about themselves. Two of the facts are true...one is false...can YOU guess which "fact" is a trick?
How to play:
1. At each blog, guess which "fact" is wrong...post a comment on that blog with your guess and you will get one entry for the contest.
2. Each blog that you comment on with a guess (for that blog) will earn you additional entries!
3. You have until April 16th to enter.
4. The winner (and answers) will be announced right here on April 18th! (And yes, friends outside the U.S. are welcome to play along!)
Hmmm...I think we should have a bit of a prize, don't you think? I made a 6x6 kit from my own stash just waiting for a new home! Good luck each of you!
Now are we ready to jump into our April Kit! We will be having some fun with CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this month! I adore their blog! Such a clever idea!
Let's try our hand at Case File #112.
If you have never played along with CSI before, here is how it works. The Scene is an inspirational photo that we will be basing a kit from. The scheme is the colors we have to work with for our kit papers and the evidence helps us get some ideas for types of embellishments (and even paper designs). If you are needing scrappy inspiration, you can use the Testimony section to help you get some topics for scrapping. Fun, right?
We have a lovely Guest Designer for the month...say hello to Maggie!
Hi, I’m Maggie an ex-pat Brit living in rural Normandy and I’m so happy to have been invited to be CKCB’s Guest Designer this month.A wife; a sister; an auntie; a friend; a home maker; a dog lover; a reiki healer; a faience collector; a blogger; a grower of vegetables; a maker of soups and chutneys; a baker of pies and cakes; a cloud gazer; a worrier; a photographer; a voracious reader of books; a dreamer; a truth seeker; a beach comber; a foodie; a wine drinker; a world traveller; a people watcher; a scrapbooker. That’s me.
We know you will be inspired to see what Maggie creates with us this month!
To get you started with ideas for your kit, we have a hop ready to go! Our Master Forgers and Guest Designer have had a head start getting their kits together to give you some inspiration. And, because of the day of the month this lands on, we have changed up the order of our hop. HA! So hop around, get inspired and don't forget to comment on each blog with your guess of which fact is not true!
Guest Designer Maggie: http://maggiebscrapblog.blogspot.fr
Now, how can YOU participate? Go to the sidebar and use Mr. LINKY to link us to YOUR kit or project using your kit so we can leave you some love! We will make a brand new Mr. Linky for each month, so get your blog posts linked ASAP!
To make Mr. Linky a little easier for us to use, please type your name and then a description of what you are linking (ie: kit, mini challenge, ect…).
We also have a Flicker group, if you don't have a blog, but would like to share your creativity with us! CKC Blog Flicker Group
We also have a new twist on our Follower Blog Hop for this year! I hope you like it!
End of the Month Blog Hop:
On the 24th of each month we offer a blog hop opportunity to all of our followers! A chance for you to show off a special project made with your counterfeit kit for that month.
Here is how it will work:
Your Blog Hop Project may be from any of the 3 challenges we offer throughout the month.
Your project must be something new that you have not shown before and only post for the hop.
To be a part of our blog hop:
1. E-mail us your name/blog address/promise to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org BY THE 18th! (No late requests will be able to join this time due to the work it takes for us to get it put together.)
2. You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th with a list of the hop participants.
3. You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on this challenge and links to the person after you in the hop.
4. All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th at 12:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time (Arizona)