Friday, December 12, 2014

Holiday Cards 2: Part One

I have to admit to having a bit of a dilemma about taking the second blog posting for holiday cards and I tried to come up with ideas for cards other than for Christmas knowing that Stephanie had posted her gorgeous festive designs at the beginning of the month.

But then I thought about all those piles and piles of Christmas papers and products I have and thought that if I have them, then you probably do too. And maybe a double batch of Christmas inspiration to encourage you to get some of it out and showcase it on some cards might not be a bad idea!

I created a rather large card kit (but I know that you wouldn't expect anything else from me!) and based it around the 25th & Pine BasicGrey collection from Christmas 2013. I don't know about you, but I can't resist the winter collections but use very little of them on layouts so they pile up more and more over the years. To be honest, I probably could have made up a dozen Christmas card kits and still have enough to make one hundred more, but at least this kit made a tiny dent in that large pile!






I included six pieces of paper - 2 of which are not full sheets -, various die-cut elements from the 25th & Pine collection, the matching waterfall Capture collection pack, Studio Calico veneer snowflakes, Simple Stories enamels, gold twine and doilies, some free printables from the internet, a set of German stamps, Teresa Collins sequins and some Cameo die-cuts that were sitting in my drawer from a previous card project as well as a few other scraps. This way, I felt that even though the majority of the products come from one collection making mixing and matching so easy, there were enough other small bits and pieces to give it a little variety.

As a starting point, I created this simple card to share with you today which proves just how easy it can be to pull together a co-ordinated look when using items from the same collection. I think this card took no more than 15 minutes which probably included 11 minutes of me faffing around, deciding which paper to use!



I hope you drop by again tomorrow for some more easy cards using my Christmas mini-kit and some of the inspiration that's to be had all over the internet!

* Lisa *

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful (big) kit Lisa and a great start to the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kit and the card looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the kit those gold doilies are just beautiful :) Wonderful start on the first card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all that yumminess in your kit and your card looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the key to quick card-making is using a collection, and pulling a kit is making your own collection! Looking forward to even more tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.