Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Holiday Cards - Part One

Hello everyone! Stephanie here and I'm super excited to be kicking off a month-long card making extravaganza here on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Cards are one of my favorite things to make. When I am struggling to create a layout or mini album, I'll start working on a card instead … it always gets my creative juices flowing!

Since it's December and we're officially entering the holiday season, I thought I'd share a few Christmas cards that I made. Here is the kit that I pulled together to create my cards. You'll notice that my kit does not emphasize the traditional Christmas colors of red and green … nor does it feature papers from holiday collections. This is the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, after all, and the goal is using up your stash of supplies. I thought it would be fun to share some tricks + tips on how to use everyday papers on holiday cards :)


My kit includes - several 6x6 patterned papers from a variety of manufacturers. I've also got 3 rolls of washi, a Maggie Holmes embossing folder, some cream shipping tags, white and gold embossing powder and 7 different stamps …. 6 are Christmas-themed and 1 (the skyline) is not.

And here is the first card that I made -



I hope you're inspired to get started on some holiday cards.
Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see more Christmas cards made using this kit! 

5 comments:

  1. Love that your kit is not traditional colors but the elements carry the season through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely kit and card. very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great kit Stephanie, I've a lot to live up to on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Super cute kit and wonderful start with the cards :)

    ReplyDelete