Monday, December 19, 2016

The Expectations of Christmas Future by Kelly


In this blog post, I wrote about my scrappy goals for 2017. As I plan for next year, I have also been thinking about my One Little Word for next year. I have been doing Ali Edward's class for several years now. It is always a fun project for me to explore a word for the year.

This past year, my word was CREATE. At the beginning of 2016, I made a commitment to be more creative in not only my scrapbooking, but in my life in general. For the most part, I feel that I was successful in bringing my word into my life this year.



So now I am looking toward 2017. I have been considering several words, but right now I am leaning towards the word SLOW. I would like to be more intentional in my living next year--make decisions with more thought and consideration and work toward a few goals that are most important at this time in my life.



Next year is going to be full of changes and major life events--my oldest son will be graduating from high school, my daughter will be getting her driver's license, and my husband and I will be celebrating 25 years of marriage. I want to savor every minute of 2017 and to do so I will need to make a effort to be SLOW.

What will your word be for 2017?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you do have a year of change coming up. I think slow (and steady) is a good way to approach it. Merry Christmas and Happy 2017 to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic word for next year :) Yes a year ahead of changes it's good to savor all the moments :) I've been contemplating my word for the year with all the crafty classes I purchased and have not throughly taken so thinking on the lines of maybe Complete, to complete what I start before going to another and then maybe I can get through my UFPs and my classes this year. Merry Christmas to you and yours and a fantastic year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly. I'll be taking Ali's class for the first time in 2017, with my word 'Better' so I shall look forward to seeing you in class x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely got a memorable year ahead of you - I think you made a great choice with your word. I've selected "grace" (which I've used before) and am considering the class so perhaps I'll "see" you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A banner year coming up, for you. Good word choice to help you remain mindful of the moments.

    ReplyDelete