Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Expectations of Christmas Future by Lisa


I've been selecting a word for the year (à la Ali Edwards) since 2007. Each year, I try to make a layout to showcase the word and keep it fresh in my mind. Some years are really successful and some less so - the way of the world, right? This year's "composed" was a successful year and so, about four weeks ago, we started thinking about my new word for 2017.

It works like this - for the last few years, I get an idea for a direction I want to take. I describe the feelings and actions and give it some meat. And then my husband and I work on defining that word (remember that he's working in a foreign language!). We refine and refine the list until eureka - we both know that THIS is the word. This year, in fact, we actually defined the word in German first and then came up with the English.

I like the fact that we are identifying it together, although I get the final veto - too many e's and it's out!

So, the word for 2017 is SHINE. It has multiple levels of meaning and is very much related to how I present myself to the outside world. How I manage the outer and inner sides of my introverted character.

Of course, there's a layout. No CKC kit this time around, I just grabbed some papers that were calling my name and made this very simple page.



I'm leaving the journalling tag blank right now - the words I want to write are complex and need some thought. I didn't want to rush it and some of my thoughts are private. I'll get it done at the beginning of January.


I can't help it, fussy cutting just makes me happy!


And so with this, I'll say goodbye for the second time this month.

I hope you've been enjoying our Counterfeit Kit Challenge Christmas Carol this month. We'll be back tomorrow with another set of posts and come January 1st, there'll be a brand new kit to inspire.

So, I'll love you and leave you for now and wish you a very wonderful start to the New Year!


Lisa :-)

4 comments:

  1. Your fussy cutting is wonderful and the grey/pink combo on this page really works a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and a wonderful word choice too :) hmm never considered making a layout about my word, but it is a wonderful thought to do :) I see a lift coming in 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful layout! Shine on sister x

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.