Friday, August 18, 2017

August Challenge # 2 - Scraplift Yourself

Ah, scraplifting ... the act of taking a layout you find inspiring and copying 'the gist of it' to create your own version. We've all done it. We pin layouts on Pinterest, bookmark blog posts, screenshot Instagram pictures (is that just me?!) - all with the intention of eventually using the layouts as inspiration for our own work. But, have you ever tried scraplifting YOURSELF?

No matter how hard you are on yourself and your art, all of us have made layouts we're incredibly proud of. For this challenge, I want you to dig out one of those layouts ... a layout that YOU have made ... and scraplift it!

Let's see what our Master Forgers did with this challenge ... 

Lisa here! I've been busy scrapping (but not sharing so much) recently as I've been participating in various challenges such as Shimelle's 25 days of scrapbooking words and LOAD(mini)0817 - Now and Then. My Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits are invaluable to her at times like this as I just picks a kit off the shelf and away I go!

You can find out a bit more about these layouts and see some detail shots over at my blog here.

I picked out this layout to scrap lift which was made for the Shimelle July challenge to include a quote on your page and used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge April 2017 kit, Chirpy.


April 2017 kit, Chirpy lo#4

And then made this follow up layout as part of the LOAD(mini)0817 - Now and Then for the prompt to combine music and summer stories. I used my current Counterfeit Kit Challenge August kit, Restart.

I stayed relatively true to my original design with the layers of paper along the right hand edge, the journalling and title position, and the 4x6 photo mat. I also used similar style and location of embellishments to complete it. Even though you can definitely see that these two are the same design when you see them side by side, they won't be anywhere near each other in my albums and no one will ever notice!

August 2017 kit, Restart #6

Margie chiming in, too: I had a little bit more of a challenge with this, since most of my pages are paper pages, with lots of layering, etc., And my August kit was completely digital, but, I knew I wanted to work on my Disney album from my family's 2016 trip, so I went to my Disney pages for inspiration. The page that I chose was a bit artsy, one that I had made in a Wilna Furstenburg class:




I decided that I could use the general design of my first page for a page in the Project Life and Over apps, using my kit for the month of August (along with a few Project Mouse additions):




Admittedly, this page did take me a couple of hours, much longer thatn I would normally spend on a page in the Project Life/Over apps, but this was a page about a special moment for me, so it felt right to make it a little more special. I am scattering a few of these "special"pages throughout my Disney 2016 book. What do you think? Does this digi lift of a traditional page work?

Don't forget that there's more ways than ever to join in the fun:

2 comments:

  1. Nice work ladies! All layouts look fabulous and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages - definitely a fun challenge that I need to try!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.