Thursday, November 2, 2017

Just the Gist of the Kit–November 2017

CTK-Nov_Main_2
This month’s inspiration comes from Citrus Kit Club’s November 2016 selection called “Emerson”.

I know it will be a probable disappointment to many, most, if not all of you, but this month I did not research Emerson on Wikipedia.  I know he is a writer, but I am not a scholar of the classics, so my awareness of him ends there.  I do not believe I have ever read him, unless I was forced to do so in high school or college. Alas, poor Emerson, he would be disappointed in me.

But now that you, the important readers of this blog are not disappointed, because I have frivolously digressed at least once in this post as I am prone to do, let us get down to business.  What is the gist of this kit?

Well, that did not come to me immediately.  So I researched what Citrus kit club had said about it.  Alas, they did not wax poetic. How very un-Emersonian of them!  They gave me few clues in regards to this specific kit.  There was no shortage of beautiful projects on their blog showcasing the kit, but they did not boil it down to words.

The kit is fabulous, the inspiration is abundant, and I myself had no problem putting quite a bountiful kit together from this inspiration.  A gander at their add-on kit made it even easier. But reducing the essence of that down to words . . . hmmm.

CTK-Nov_Addon_3

What is it that made it easy to duplicate the kit?
Well, that I believe goes back to Citrus Kit Club’s own tag line –

fresh, inspired, on trend kits of market favorites.


The colors of their kits are always bright and fresh – often with that citrus twist of yellow.  Even for a November kit, you have to admit these colors are lighter and fresher than we generally associate with fall. Holding onto summer rather than plunging into fall.  There is just an inkling of autumn here.

So, my friends, make that the gist of your kit.  Make it fall, but with a lighter touch – peach instead of orange, aqua in lieu of olive, lighter cork or wood tones favored over solemn forest browns. Add a touch of citrus yellow too.  Make it warm and homey without being heavy.  That is the gist of it.

PS  You could certainly add a poetic touch or two to your kit, and make Emerson proud.

1 comment:

  1. I like th colors ! The counterfeit kit is very inspirational too.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.