Saturday, December 9, 2017

The 12 Days of Christmas | Six Geese A-Laying


On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.... Six geese a-laying....

Hi again, Lisa here for the next instalment in our "12 days of Christmas" series here on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. We are now at the sixth day and that means, it's all about the geese.

But first up, I decided to pull together a small kit of older product to get me started. I recently (re)discovered several older Shimelle Christmas kits which I broke up and put into my Christmas drawer (in fact, now two drawers) and so I was able to have a good rummage and combine some interesting products to ensure variety and fun.


And then I had to get inspired by those geese! Well, here in Germany it's really typical to eat goose at this time of year and I love to get into that wintery, festive way of thinking with a dinner of roast goose, red cabbage and potato dumplings. Mmmmmm. And the inspiration for my page was born.

I had some cute photos of me and my mum from last year when my husband and I celebrated and our birthdays with a family goose dinner and decided to bring that together with a bit of extra background story. I like that our birthdays coincide with the start of Christmas festivities here in German - we often celebrate on the 1st Advent weekend - and the page has a seasonal touch to it but not so much that it looks out of place for a birthday theme.


The photos were not the best quality due to low restaurant light so I printed them at 2x3 which also meant that I could include not only the food but also three of the many goofy pictures we'd taken - most of the time, my mum hates to have her photo taken!



I often forget to print my journalling on strips like this but I was inspired my Master Forger Kelly and always love the look of it and the fact that you can fit in a lot more story than if you hand-write it.


Not the best food photo but one that reminds me of the flavours of the evening!


I hope I've shown how it's possible to make a page with definitely Christmassy products about an event that's not all about Christmas! I don't make many layouts just about Christmas itself, so it's always important for me to find ways to use up my treasured festive product on pages that tell stories around the season. Maybe you have the same problem? If so, I'd love to see projects you've made using that jolly holly stash!



Thanks for stopping by on this sixth day of seasonal projects at Counterfeit Kit Challenge. And be sure to link up your own creations on our Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic back story Lisa and your layout looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun layout! Love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.