Wednesday, December 5, 2018

December 5 - Documenting Cherished Ornaments


Welcome to December!

So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar  
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0082.gif
Hello, everyone! Susan here, taking my turn to share a little December fun with you.

I love this time of year because it brings to mind lots of memories and as a scrapbooker, that's a great thing, isn't it?! I'm especially flooded with memories when we decorate our Christmas tree because our ornaments all have a story behind them. In fact, in the summer of 2017 I captured the stories of our ornaments in a mini album that I will continue to update as we add more pieces to our collection. And so I thought I would share my favorite ornaments with you today!

When our daughters were in kindergarten, they each made the classic paper chain ornaments in school that year. I remember how excited they were to bring them home & place them on the tree. In the years since, those sweet ornaments continue to adorn our tree. They are the ones I cherish most! Here's how I documented them:




The sight of these ornaments just warms my heart!

Do you have ornaments that you cherish? Have you documented them? Maybe this is the year to do that! While your tree is up and decorated, you can take a little time to photograph your ornaments. After the holidays have ended and the winter (or summer) doldrums have set in, you can capture their stories.  I'd love to know if you've done or will do this - please leave a comment below or pop onto our Facebook community and let me know! 

We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the Link-Up page here on the blog or posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)


Master Forger Susan

5 comments:

  1. Susan, thanks for sharing a sweet moment of parenthood from Christmas past! The CAS style of the LOs keeps the focus on those cute paper chain ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do MY photo shoot off of the tree - genius! Have so many stories to tell & leave behind. Strikingly graphic pages & oh so Susan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, really pretty pages, as always. And this gives me an idea for two different layouts, one about why it is Hallmark ornaments that adorn our tree, and another about a few cherished ornaments I don't put on the tree because they are too fragile these many years later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you still have them and that they are still in such great condition! I don'T have anything from my past which makes me a bit sad but my own decorations that I've collected as an adult have significance so maybe I ought to record them too!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.