Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January 2019 - Just the Gist of It

Welcome back!  I hope you've had a chance to hop through and see the kits that our team and Guest Designer curated and that now you're ready to start putting together one of your own.  I thought I'd share an approach that you might want to consider when gathering the supplies to make your January CKC kit.

Just to refresh your memory, we are using the "Hannah" kit from Felicity Jane as our inspiration for the month.  Here's one more look at it:


Since all the components are exclusive to Felicity Jane, you might be wondering where to start the search for comparable items in your own supplies.  As I was browsing through the pieces in the collection, I discovered that Felicity Jane offers traveler's notebook inserts that coordinate with the collection and those inserts (and their names) present a great way to distill the kit into just a few colors and patterns.  Let's take a look at them:







Floral, pinkish, woodgrain, diagonal stripe and window pane - those five descriptions will give you a great base for your counterfeit kit.  You can start there for your patterned paper choices and then select embellishments to coordinate with them.

I hope this gave you an idea for where to start this month!  Don't forget that we love to see your kits and projects so you can show us through our Link-Up page, share them in our Facebook Community, or post them on Instagram (tag us: @counterfeitkitchallenge and use #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2019).  Come back here on the 4th - we'll be sharing how we made our own version of items in this month's kit.  See you then!


9 comments:

  1. Oh, nice way to break it down, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanne! Sometimes I find these posts challenging but I was browsing the FJ website and when I saw the notebooks it all fell into place.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate seeing this, as I'm trying to put together my kit. It's easy for me to get overwhelmed when the kit is so gorgeous in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb - Felicity Jane kits always fall into the gorgeous category for me! I'm glad you found this helpful!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Sometimes everything just falls into place!

      Delete
    2. I agree Leslie! Isn't she clever? Such a great way to sum up the kit! Fabulous job Susan!

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.