Friday, August 2, 2019

August 2019 - Just The Gist of It

Hi there. I hope you had a chance to check out the Blog Hop we had yesterday. I know it's hard to decide what to put into a kit when you are forging one. Do I need to the same type of item in my kit that is in the inspiration kit, do I need to have the same amount of papers or similar embellishments? Just were do I start?

Our inspiration kit this month is the Citrus Twist July 2019 "Best of this Life" main kit


and the add on kit


I like to start with an inspiration paper and build my kit from there. When we have multiple kits to choose from I will pull from both kits to make my Counterfeit Kit. The really great thing about this inspiration kit is that it is good for both girl or guy pages. We have the blues and greens for guys and then the lighter corals and pinks for the girly feel. A few embellishments and your kit is ready to go.

How about a page kit for the guys:


Yes, I've pulled in a flower paper but I loved the blue, greens and yellow orange in the flowers. The papers include an embossed green, yellow orange pattern, light blue with gold accents, and dark blue cardstock.  My embellishments are jute and blue clothes pins, leaves, tags, tabs, bottle caps and pom poms.

Here's one for the girls:


My inspiration paper for this one is the circle paper on top. I've pulled in a couple of different pink pattern papers and yellow cardstock. The embellishments are a pink floral piece, pink yarn, floral stickers, hearts and circles, butterflies and a couple of lemon slices and tags.

Now how about one that can be used for both.


My inspiration paper is the arrow paper and I've included black and yellow cardstock along with orange pattern paper. The embellishments are orange stickers, little flowers, bottle caps, yellow washi tape, tags and tabs, some die cuts and stickers in orange, punched stars and circles and a bicycle clip.

So pick your inspiration piece for your color scheme and build your kit.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2019).

1 comment:

  1. An interesting take on the kits and one I've never really considered! So thanks Cindy for a fresh approach :-)

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.