Saturday, December 21, 2019

Season's Greetings - December 21st with Cindy


Hi everyone! Cindy here today and I still have a few more Christmas presents to get. It's the one's that are a surprise, something they did not expect and I need a day to shop for with no one with me. 

Season's Greetings

Today my technique is using a Stamped Image with Stacked Die Cutting. I often have a few cards that I hand deliver and this is the perfect time to add some bulk. 


 Stamped Image with Stacked Die Cutting.


I started by stamping my image onto a scrap of white cardstock, giving my self plenty of room around the image. I also made sure my image was dry. I stamped one day and then started making my card a couple of days later. You can use a heat gun if you don't want to wait. 



I decided to use some Prisma Watercolor Pencils to color in the image. Below is the image colored in and I was just starting to use a paint brush to color in the trees. I move from one color to another drying with a heat gun between the colors.


I pulled out some rectangle dies and washi tape to make my layers. I made sure to put the washi tape on my shirt before attaching it to my image. When I have my layers where I like them I ran it through my Cuttlebug. 


I attached the largest layer onto my card front, the middle layer has one layer of fun foam behind it and the smallest layer has two. I definitely have some bulk to this card.


I run my fun foam through my trimmer to get the long straight edges. It doesn't cut it all the way through but it will tear apart nicely from there. Then I just add the smallest two layers onto the card. Below is a side view of the layers on the card. 


I like to add a bit of the pattern paper from the card front to my journaling mat on the inside of the card. It's just a scrap that would probably be tossed, you can see it in the bottom photo.


Now it's onto the coordinating envelope. I used a couple of snowflakes and gold embossing power and my card is ready to be used.



You know that we LOVE it when you share!

So, if you are inspired to make your own cards, layouts or projects - from Season's Greetings, a previous Christmas special, a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit that you haven't quite used up or a new kit inspired by any one of our dozens and dozens of inspirational kits - you can share in these places:
See you tomorrow for more CKC inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.