Saturday, December 7, 2019

Season's Greetings - December 7th with Clair



Hello Counterfeiters! It's Clair here today with my take on our theme for December:


Season's Greetings

When we initially discussed our ideas for techniques, I had a few in mind (and haven't done any of them!) but instead, I've focused on one of my favourite techniques. Here then is some ...
Ink Blending Inspiration


Snowy Sayings Stamp Set, Casual Fridays Stamps; 3x3 White Card Blanks, Papermania; Distress Ink Pad (Mermaid Lagoon) Tim Holtz for Ranger; Distress Ink Pad (Cracked Pistachio) Tim Holtz for Ranger; Mini Ink Blending Tool, Ranger; Gold Adhesive Gems, Papermania; Memento Dye Ink Pad (Tuxedo) Tsukineko.

To make these little lovelies, I started with two 3x3 white card blanks. I then used some of my extensive washi collection to create a neat border around the edge of each card. (I recommend adding an extra strip over the edge of the card as well, so that the ink doesn't find it's way into the inside of the card blank.) 
Once I'd secured the washi I used a Mini Ink Blending Tool from Ranger to blend some ink directly onto the cardstock. I usually start with the lightest of the inks I want to use, then add colour slowly. I used two colours on this card to create a 'winter morning' feel. 

I then added some sentiments and snowflakes from the Snowy Sayings Stamp Set from Casual Fridays Stamps and a small sparkly gem, for a little bit of extra twinkle.

These are really easy to 'batch' if you need to make a lot to send to friend and family - and can be customised really easily with different colours of ink, or different sentiments.

I'll be back a little later in the month with some ideas for Thank You cards, but there will be many more ideas inbetween, so do keep visiting!


Have a wonderful month!



Clair x

You know that we LOVE it when you share!

So, if you are inspired to make your own cards, layouts or projects - from Season's Greetings, a previous Christmas special, a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit that you haven't quite used up or a new kit inspired by any one of our dozens and dozens of inspirational kits - you can share in these places:
See you tomorrow for more CKC inspiration!



2 comments:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.