Monday, January 6, 2020

January 2020 - Mini-kit reveal and project

Are you feeling overwhelmed by the idea of a big kit this month?

 Perhaps you just want to pull together a few products to get those creative juices flowing again.

Maybe a mini kit is the answer!

Today we'll be sharing a couple of mini kits and projects to give you a little inspiration.

First, here's a reminder of our January inspiration:


Master Forger Clair

Clair has created a mini-kit, based on the colours of the inspiration kit, but raided her scraps box instead of her main stash. She's omitted the 'Christmas Green' which makes the selection feel a little more 'Valentine'. She's selected some random embellishments that need to be used, all of which match the main colours of her kit. Let's see what's she's made, shall we?


From her kit, Clair die-cut lots of little borders, then added them to some small card bases; selected a sticker sentiment; and added some enamel dots. This basic card is one of her favourites, as it's easy to make in batches - and uses a lot of little leftovers!

Make sure that you visit our Facebook Community to see what else Clair makes with her mini-kit this month!


Master Forger Lori

I did not get a chance to work on any of my December Daily or 52 Favorites during the holiday season so I am going to see how much of it I can do in January. My kit may not look like a mini kit, but compared to some December Daily kits out there, this is a very mini kit! Here's a look at my  kit:


I pulled what Elle's Studio Christmas goodies that I had on hand for my kit. The colors are a good match to those in the inspiration kit and they are perfect for what I was wanting for my December scrapping. I pulled a few 6x8 and 6x6 papers, labels, tags, alphas, wood veneer pieces, puffy stickers, die cuts, and journaling cards. I also included a touch of gold with some trim and a couple of stamp sets. I also included 3 - 12x12 papers in my kit. 

Here is my first project with my kit:



I have created a Traveler's Notebook spread in my 52 Favorites TN of the Christmas tree ornaments that my daughter and granddaughter made for us this year. You can read more about my layout and my kit on my blog here

Stay tuned to see how much of my holiday scrapping I can get done this month!

Don't forget that we've got a whole bunch of stuff coming up this month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges as you put together and use your kit:  
  • January 12th & 18th:  We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made. 
  • January 24th: I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month 
  • January 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our Killing Kits Series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit. 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

Lisa
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love both of the mini kits! I love how the absence of green made Claire's kit go in a different direction and the great plan for taking on December Daily! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.