Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 2020 - Mini kit reveal and project

Overwhelmed by our kit this month?

Because it is a shorter month you might be pushed for time.


Just pull a few items together and make a mini-kit.

Here are a couple of ideas for mini kits and projects that our Master Forgers Clair and Lisa, as well as our awesome Guest Designer Kate, have prepared for us today.

Guest Designer Kat Boddy Blue has crafted this lovely mini-kit: 



Her pages:




Master Forger Clair

So, my mini kit (as always) is truly a mini kit. I've been trying really hard to whittle down my stash and am reaching for my scraps basket, instead of my full sheets, whenever I need to create a mini kit. Of course, this can limit my choices a little but in some ways that helps me to decide what direction to take my counterfeits. I started by trying to find a navy floral and since the only ones I could find were more 'modern' than the inspiration kit, I kept the rest of my mini kit modern in feel. I've added some nods to the inspiration kit, with more navy, woodgrain, inspirational quotes and, of course, some die cut butterflies!


So, what did I make with my mini kit? Well, a little mini! And, I'm so happy with it! It's just a little record of a happy, sunny weekend :)


Master Forger Lisa here! I took inspiration from the floral aspect of the original kit along with two basic colours of navy and purple. 

I knew immediately that I wanted to reach for my Indigo Hills 2 collection for those purple tones and then flicked through my blues until I came up with an unexpected blue paper with multicoloured spots. I'm not 100% sure it's exactly the right blue but I liked the mix of colours and went with it, after adding in a single sheet of white cardstock. I'm good at making things work for me - in an easy, fast way!


I then included the puffy stickers and die cuts from the collection so that I had some embellishment choices. They are so very pretty and the word elements are also quite broad which I thought would be good as I didn't have a specific plan of the layout I was planning to make.


I knew that I would need alphabets so a large white and a smaller Pinkfresh Studio gold seemed like a plan. I like having the option of mixing up fonts and sizes in my titles and the gold was just an added bonus.


Last but not least, I included some gems with a hint of gold which I thought would work well with everything else. Again, still not sure about that blue but I wasn't going to double guess myself! Time to scrap.


 Again, still not sure about that blue but I wasn't going to double guess myself! Time to scrap.

I'm currently playing along with LOAD220 and, always one to kill two birds with one stone, decided to follow a special birthday prompt to use up my kit. When my eye fell on this scanned photo in my library, the layout came together. A sunny 19th birthday in November celebrated on the Côte D'Azur is about as special as they come.


I felt bad fussy cutting the leafy paper (seems like rather a waste of the full sheet design) but I'm glad I did. I picked out die-cuts from the embellishment pack to tuck into the fussy-cut items and then added in some shapes with a little dimension to give this relatively simple page extra interest.


The photo is grainy and imperfectly printed but I covered up sections with my overlapping embellisemtns which worked really well. Although that blue is not perfect, I like the impact it gives the background and there's not a lot on view either. The dots perfectly match the colours you can find elsewhere on the page.

I used both alphas to make a longer title incorporating gold which I then also spritzed in a couple of places across the page.


And just incase you were interested in the journalling!



I probably have enough paper left in my mini-kit to make another simple page so let's see if I'm inspired to do that with a LOAD220 prompt later in the month!




Just a reminder that we'll be back throughout the month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges as you put together and use your kit.  


Here's what we have coming up this month:

  • February 12th and 18th:  We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made.
  • February 24th:  I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month
  • February 28th: We'll be offering another installment in our {Killing Kits} series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit.

    We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.

    You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2020).



    Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!



    Julene


    2 comments:

    1. These minikits are gorgeous, and I love all the pages made with them.You ladies are so talented!

      ReplyDelete
    2. All very inspiring ladies. Love them all.

      ReplyDelete

    Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

    If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
    This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.