Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 2020 - Killing The Kit Series

Hi!  Master Forger Tara here with you for the final blog entry for my takeover of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!

In previous months, we have had various Master Forgers do a series called Killing The Kit! I am all about killing the kits that I put together! Here's an idea for you that will help you use up some of the bits and pieces in your kit!

I have an ongoing project with an altered book titled, "Today-Happiness Is Something You Decide Ahead Of Time". Basically, it's a "things that make me happy book".

Watch this one minute video!


Off screen, I finished this two page spread about my son, who is an active duty Marine. The day that the photo was taken, we had met him in Georgia to say goodbye to him. He was getting ready to deploy and we wanted a short visit with him. As you can see in the above video, I have already finished some of the spreads inside this altered book. Here's the completed spread using my bits and pieces from my June 2020 kit. This is a fun way to express yourself artistically and a great little conversation piece for your coffee table or desk at work!


I layered the tiny pieces of patterned paper that I have left from my kit as well as several embellishments from my kit. There are still a ton of those left and more than likely you will get to see them again in another CKCB kit.

I'd really like to know-what do YOU do with your kits at the end of the month? Do you carry over the items leftover to another kit? Do you put it all away at the end of the month like a good, tidy little scrapper? I do a little bit of both! There are some things that I carry forward to the next month's kit if they fit the theme and/or photos that I have available to scrapbook. The rest, I tend to put away. I have a bin full of partially opened embellishments that I dig through each month for my kits! 

Don't forget that tomorrow is July and we have Master Forger Clair taking over the blog.

She'll introduce July's kit that we'll be forging and the hop!! 

2 comments:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.