Sunday, August 30, 2020

August 2020 - Killing the Kit Series

Hi :) Master Forger Tina here with the last post for August, yes! where did August go! The back porch project and lots of final harvesting in our garden throughout the month didn't leave to much time to scrap this month, but last month I just about killed my kit so I thought I would focus on that for today's post:
From my July kit: Playing in the Dirt this is what I have left:
Lots left on the right side which is normal for me not to finish off the Alphas and the embellishments. My focus is the left side the paper scraps:
This is usually when I'll either grab an older kit or cardstock for my backgrounds depending on what pictures I want to scrap. Sometimes cardstock will give your eye a break when you use a variety of mixed style scraps.
 The 1st layout I wanted to use the overall print in my kit, so the spot to do anything would be that upper right corner. With 2 photos I matted the photos with some 6X6 paper and then used some scraps around my photos for layering
 On the 2nd layout I used the 12X12 strips I had left over from using my paper throughout the month. First I used piece of scrap that I had included in my kit for the left side border strip and from there I did the strips out for my background. This is becoming trendy at the moment using strips for backgrounds on layouts. Added that 1/2 doily I have left over in my current kit for a mat base for my photo.
 Layout 3 I created a background using pieces of 1" paper in a variety of lengths. Plus I added more of the papers into the layout creating pennants to include with my photos :) This is a fun way to use up some same scraps and make a fun background
I hope this gives you some ideas on using up those scraps at the end of your kit. If you have other ideas on using up the scraps stop by the Community and let us know what your doing with yours.


I like to thank our August Guest Designer,  Gina McLeod! For playing along with us this month. Come back on September 1st to see what Master Forger Cindy has decided for our September kit inspiration.


Be sure to check out our Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge for a sneak peek at September's kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.