Monday, October 5, 2020

October 2020 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

Maybe you don't have time to do a full kit, or maybe you just like certain aspects of the kit? Then a mini kit maybe the answer for you. We'll be sharing a couple of mini kits, created by our Master Forgers Clair and Lisa, with some projects to give you a little inspiration!  

Our Inspiration Kit:


Best of Both Worlds September Kit created by Shimelle Laine

Let's see their kits and creations, shall we?

MF Clair took a little 'detour' with her mini kit this month.

I'm not really sure why, but as soon as I saw this month's inspiration kit, I knew that I wanted to focus on the one sheet that combines a beautiful, lush green with a woodgrain. Perhaps it's the autumnal feel that called to me initially, but I knew that I had some similar colours and textures in my Felicity Jane stash. 

Once I'd found the sheets I wanted, I took another 'detour' and ended up with a little 'add-on' kit for my December Daily 2019 album!

I have been following #donebydecember on Instagram and wanted to make a start on a 2019 album. I had no time or motivation last December, but I know it will be nice to have a finished album before I make a start on my album for 2020.

Unfortunately, I've not received my photo order, so in true December Daily style, I only have 'foundations' to show you. Hopefully, once my order arrives, it should be really easy to finish my album. I'll share it all with you once it's done!


MF Lisa here - I was inspired by MF Susan's awesome sneak peek mood board - she posts these awesome teasers over on social media at the end of every month - in particular, the flowers, the sloth, the stars, the rainbow and the yellow!

I pulled in some lemon cardstock, added in a sheet of aqua stars, a sheet of cute rainbows and a sheet of cut apart cards by Pebbles which features super cutesy animals and lots of hearts - it was a Valentine collection which has featured in my CKC kits before!

For embellishments, I added in the die-cut pack to the collection as well as the puffy stickers, a few random labels and another sheet of tiny puffy stickers. A mini kit suitable for a handful of very sweet cards.

You know that my philosophy is always to keep it simple so I used a single 3x3 card from the full sheet of cards as a basis for each card. A bit of stitching, some layering and a banner later and four more cards to add to my collection.


I never try too hard with my cards and as you can see, they are simple and could be replicated very easily for all sorts of different card kits - result.

There's a little left in my kit for some more cards later in the month but that's what I call a success.


Here's what else we have coming up this month:
  • October 12th and 18th: We’ll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you’ve made.
  • October 24th: I’ll be showcasing one of the CKC Community who’s caught my eye they month.
  • October 30thAnother Killing Kit Installment to help us finish off our kits!
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2020).
Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

3 comments:

  1. Both of these are wonderful. Congratulations Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both kits & how different they are. Such a lovely shade of green with the woodgrain in the first mini & cute cards made with the second. Always so many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Master Forgers Clair and Lisa: I like the 2 different approaches to mini kits based on this October's inspiration. It's fantastic to see the various creative directions you two went with one going Christmas and the other doing cute encouragement cards!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.