Saturday, July 31, 2021

July 2021 - Kill That Kit!

Wow, it's the end of the month already and I hope you've had as much fun as we've had with our kits and projects.

I'm back today with one last post to let you know what I did this month to "kill that kit"!

You might remember that I was on mini-kit duty this month and I decided to make a page kit from which I made a page I totally adored (you can see that in this post).

I ended up adding a single sheet of pink/peach marbled paper into the kit and making another page for my Simple Scrapper Creative Team assignment (which will showcase in the premium membership in September). 

This took my kit down to really a handful of scraps. If I had tried hard, I probably could have come up with a layout but I wasn't really that motivated or inspired. Maybe that should have been a sign that this kit really was done and didn't really need killing after all!

But, on a mission, I asked my scrappy friends what I should make which would be a bit different to my usual handful of cards solution and we came up with this super cute mini tag album which I was excited to try out. 

But this sort of detailed, precision project is really hard for me and I ended up making it much more complicated than was intended and then it went wrong. The cardstock split, it wouldn't fold correctly and I realised that it was a disaster. 

A super cute little fold-out tag-filled album!

Can you see how that is completely split along the bottom fold there?!?

The project wasn't designed to have extra paper on top of the base but I had wanted to decorate it a bit more!

I wanted to share this disaster with you to show you that we all make mistakes and, at the end of the day, it's just paper and so I changed direction!.

It was suggested that I could make a set of tags for our regular crafty swap that's coming up and that's exactly what I did.

And in a relatively short time, I'd die cut some tags with those scraps, layered them up with some fussy-cut elements from two different papers (including the pieces that I'd already glued to my disastrous tag mini-book) and finished them off with some gold twine. They were simple, easy, quick and absolutely "good enough".



Sorted!

I still have a few scraps left so the kit isn't completely "killed" but it's good enough for me at the moment and I'm ready to move on.

Lesson for today: sometimes it's enough to keep it simple and not try too hard. 


Thanks for sharing July with us and don't forget that we will be back tomorrow with a new month, a new inspiration kit and plenty of fun!


You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2021). 


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.