Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 2022 - Kill That Kit

Wow! That month went fast. 

The fact that April only has 30 days also caught me out but here I am, ready to share.

I only had a mini-kit this month so there was not much left after my paper heavy layout (which I shared here).

I wondered how to "kill the kit" as I was not in the mood to make cards and didn't have much time. I decided to concentrate on using up as much of the paper as possible and make the basis for two layouts - both variations on a well-used, well-loved theme.

This is what I had to work on. The alphas, die cuts and words will be put back into my stash and I didn't even look at them while I was working on my layouts

Using blocks of paper to pile up and layer - on distressed and one inked - I then just placed them on two background cardstocks that I had already splatted with inks - one with HS color shine inks and one with Saltwater Taffy distress oxide spray.

You can see that they are both basically the same layout, just organised a little differently and I've already identified what size of photos would best suit. I will make sure that these layouts tell stories from different times so that they land in different albums and then you will never know that they are pretty much identical! I will finish these both off at some point in the next week or so - you never know, I might share when I do 😉

And these are all the paper scraps I have left. A small block and some tiny strips. The orange scraps all landed in the bin - there's a limit to what scraps I keep 😉

It's been a great month and I can't wait to find out what May has to offer. MF Kate will be back tomorrow with her new kit of the month and of course, next Saturday, we'll be celebrating (i)NSD all day long so I hope you will come back and join in on ALL the fun that May has to offer. 

A HUGE THANK YOU to our wonderful Guest Designer Helen who is just amazing. I hope you will track her down over on IG here and follow her - she is just so talented. 


You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

I've loved being here this month! Thanks for joining me and don't forget that we kick off the new month in the morning. We hope to see you back bright and early.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.