Monday, February 6, 2023

February 2023 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

Sometines you just don't have the time or motivation to make and use a full kit. No problem, you can make a mini kit! Our Master Forgers Lisa and Laura are here to get you started. 

Let's have a quick look again at the inspiration kit this month. 

Master Forger Lisa: I'm in the middle of LOAD (which I interpret as 28 Days of Mabel!) at the moment as well as being on the road a little so my mini-kit is a touch bigger than a page kit because I want to make a page today and tomorrow out of it. 

I realised that the inspiration kit had a lot of elements that are similar to the mega-kit I have that I dip into whenever I make a Mabel layout and so that's where I headed to pull out some pinks, peaches, sage and a couple of deeper colours as well as some watercolour designs and a few cut apart cards. I added in two alphas and a handful of embellishments. I also included a die-cut "Mabel" which doesn't really match the rest but I wondered if I could get it used up on a birthday page...

I think it's ok to dig into supplies you are using for a larger project and made a smaller selection in order to get moving more easily with fewer choices to make! I won't be able to use tools or much more than a little fussy cutting (maybe) so I'm curious to see where this kit takes me!

There are a couple of full sheets at the back but the rest are small scraps so I'm interested to know if I can make a page or two that I love with just these pieces!

I made life easy for myself by organising two different sets of photos, and writing up, as well as printing, the journalling before adding  that all to my on the road mini kit. Some tools and adhesive were added into my bag and I was ready to go.  

I have to admit that I also threw in another alpha at the last minute, just to make sure I had choice for two layouts.  

The rest was easy! I love how the darker shades contrast nicely with my usual baby pinks and peaches for my Mabel layouts and as always, my design is simple and a variation on a theme.  

Having the photos and story ready to go ahead of time is something I do quite often and really speeds up the creative process.  I love it! 




 Master Forger Laura: I got a bit artistic with my mini kit (and I am in no way artistic!) and used some watercolour paints to make leaves and flowers. I also watercoloured the striped paper inspired by on the journaling cards in the kits. The daisy paper is new to me (but super-duper-old -  found in a charity shop!)

 But I loved how it went with my kit. I created another spread in my travellers notebook and was able to scrap the perfect picture!



Here is what the rest of February's month of inspiration will look like:

12th February - Challenge #1 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
18th February - Challenge #2 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
24th February - Followers Showcase - who has caught our eyes this month.
28th February - Killing Kits - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcfebruary2023).

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.