Wednesday, July 12, 2023

July 2023 - Challenge #1 - A Face in the Crowd

 

Color on the person on a copy of the photo

Sew puppet strings on the guy up in the air!

Point an arrow at the patiarch or newest addition.

 Master Forger of Ceremonies Leslie here, with a fun way to get creative with your photos!

Scrap a group photo & find an innovative way to point out a significant person. 

Make your story about them - it could even by YOU!

Some techniques might be using sandpaper to blur everyone else, a vellum overlay with an oval cutout that reveals that person, paint/markers to draw attention by outlining or drawing something attention-getting, dress the person in clothing cut out of patterned paper, add a hat (sticker?), frame them, or give them a sign to hold.

Our July Guest Designer DawnLyn says: This is my son on a soccer team. This is the only game he was on the field. It was too much stimuli, I think. I thought he’d have a good time. Needless to say he only lasted one season. 2003-2004.

 Master Forger Julene

Not exactly a crowd, but my daughter in amongst other people in a photo. We were in Pisa;Italy and it was hard to get a solo photo anywhere. 

On my layout I have layered a large journal card with an arrow pointing down. It lines up with her head. I then misted 2 canvas hearts and put them vertically on the photo to connect the arrow more.

Master Forger Brandi

I chose to highlight the littlest member of my family, so little you can’t even see HER yet! This is a family photo taken last summer at my sister’s gender reveal. Nearly everyone was team blue, just me and my 3.5 year old niece were team pink! Needless to say, I knew I had to create a special layout to capture my excitement!! A perfect little heart around my sweet little niece 

Master Forger Tina

I wanted to highlight one of the grandboys and found this picture of Brandon during his college days. Used a cut file with minimal embellishments


 

I hope this has been whimsical & fun for you to get in touch with your playful creative side.

 Here is what the rest of July's month of inspiration will look like:

  • 18th July - Challenge #2 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 28th July - Follower's Showcase - who has caught our eye this month.
  • 31st July - Killing the Kit - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2023).

 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.