Monday, January 1, 2024

January 2024 - Just the Gist Of It!

 

Welcome back to our Just The Gist of It post where we hope to offer you a possible starting point for creating your kit. Master ForgerTara here to help you get started curating your very own kit from your stash and a few ways to do it.

Sometimes, we just don't know where to start or there is something about the kit that doesn't feel like us, but we still want to bring a selection of items together to curate our own monthly kit. This is the post for you! Hopefully, you will find some inspiration to get you going.

Let's just remind ourselves about our inspiration kit this month from The Hip Kit Club.
 
The Hip Kit Club December 2023 Main Kit.
 

I am a subscriber to this kit club and one thing that stood out to me the most was the pink woodgrain patterned paper!  I knew that I had another piece of pink woodgrain from Hip Kit Club and so I dug it out and it became the very first paper for my kit! 
 
Next I looked at the patterned paper that appears to be multi-colored sweater squares.  I really like that paper because it showcases all of the colors in the kit very well.  My December 2023 kit arrived after I curated my January kit, so I didn't pull anything at all from it but I decided to open every Hip Kit Club kit on my shelf and pull all of my patterned papers from those.  I found a very lovely stripe paper that showcased the colors that I was going for in my kit and pulled it.  From there, I just started trying to match up papers with icons that sort of matched the papers in the inspo kit!  I really love my version and am anxious to get started!!! 

A few of us are NOT in Winter time like those of us in the United States.  Master Forger Julene is experiencing Summer where she lives.  I really think that medium blue paper would be a GREAT bouncing off point for a beautiful summer kit, don't you??  


But what if you aren't a paper person like me?  What would you look for in the inspo kit to dig through your stash to create something that you could use?  There's a beautiful package of floral ephemera (die cuts) in the inspo kit!  You could find a package of your favorites in your stash and create a kit based solely upon those! 

Or you love the idea of the snowflakes but the kit is way too pastel for you!  Use the snowflakes icons in colors you LOVE and create your kit based upon those!!  There's houses, florals, plaids, and sweater prints in this kit.  You could choose ANY of those items to base your kit upon. 

If all else fails you, you could use a color palette to create your kit and forget about the icons and motifs in the inspiration kit.  I used this website to generate the palette. 



I really hope that this helps you think outside of the box with this month's inspo kit!  Let us know on the FaceBook Community how you were inspired this month!!!  

Here's what we have up for you for the rest of the month:

 4th January - Forgeries on the Fourth

 6th January - Mini Kit and Project Reveal

 12th January - Challenge #1

 18th January - Challenge #2 

 22nd January - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy Challenge 

 24th January - Follower Showcase

 28th January - February Sneak Peek

 30th January -  Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps Challenge


We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJanuary2024!! See you next time!
 
Master Forger Tara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.