Friday, January 5, 2024

January 2024 - Mini Kits Reveal and Project

We have all been there!  Sometimes the month is just too busy to create a full kit but you still would like something to play with that feels new!   So you decide you can make a smaller kit based upon the Inspiration Kit.  Let me remind you of the kit that is inspiring us this month:

Hip Kit Club December 2023 main kit

Master Forgers Brandi and Julene are going to be sharing their mini kit and projects in this post for us! 

Master Forger Brandi

I will always say that the term “mini” is relative! For my mini kit, I opted to focus mainly on the blues of the inspiration kit. The wintry theme felt perfect for January scrapping, but I needed less pink! I tried to keep my embellishments to a minimum, so I can hopefully bash some stash with just a few layouts this month! 




For my project(s), I wanted to play catch on our some of our December sketches! Check out my IG here for my more photos of my layouts!

First up, here’s my take on Sketch 7 designed by Misty! 


For my second layout, I grabbed Misty’s second sketch (#10 from our series) and modified the shape of the paper strips to better suit my everyday winter life layout 


My third layout uses sketch 8 by MF Christine! The triangles here were so fun to play around with! 


I finished out the December sketches with two more layouts using the last two shared by MF Tina from Sketch n Scrap! I really enjoyed this mini project this month! 




Master Forger Julene

My mini kit contains 2 full size papers plus 2 8x11 papers. I also added lots of vellum, plus some summer themed cut aparts. (As it is summer here I used that as my theme.)


Using my mini-kit I made the following 2 layouts. 


I used vellum as a layer behind my photos plus a flair from Bramble Fox that says Hello Summer.
 
My other layout is this one.
 

I used Lisa's sketch from December and again included vellum. 

Here is what the rest of January will look like.  Please check back often!

 12th January - Challenge #1

 18th January - Challenge #2 

 22nd January - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy Challenge 

 24th January - Follower Showcase

 28th January - February Sneak Peek

 30th January - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps Challenge


We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJanuary2024!! See you next time!
 
 
Master Forger Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.