Tuesday, June 11, 2024

June 2024 - Challenge #1 - All About You

 Master Forger Laurie here with the first challenge of the month. But first let's take a quick look at our Inspiration kit.


 As scrapbookers we love to take photos and we are usually the ones behind the camera capturing those moments and memories. But, it's important to step in front of the camera too! Let's create a layout where you are the focus, participating in another hobby or activity that you enjoy besides scrapbooking.

To help you get started, let's check out what our Master Forgers came up with for this challenge.

Guest Designer Mel Walkden shared this layout. Here's what Mel had to say...


Master Forger Ryann:

There used to be a time when we were encouraged to do a "BOM - Book Of Me" and Master Forger Ryann never finished that book!  She even had a hard time finding a photo that she was in all by herself - not only does she not have many photos taken of herself alone, she doesn't usually print them!  

This is a really simple layout, but she took the opportunity to really try to express who she is today.  She really hopes you will enjoy learning a little bit more about her, and hopes that her family will look back on this someday with an appreciation that this moment was captured.



Master Forger Julene:

Being a scrapbooker, photography goes hand in hand as a second hobby. I love capturing nature such as birds, animals and scenery. When I first got my digital camera, I experimented with panorama setting. In Vanuatu we climbed a steep hill (mountain) to reach a waterfall at the top where there was a pool to swim. This layout features 2 of my panorama shots.



Master Forger JoJo:

Everyone that knows me, knows that I love everything beachy and tropical. Even every room in my home is decorated in beach stuff. So of course my favorite thing besides going to the beach, is scrapbooking about my beach getaways. Here is a layout of one of my favorite beaches, glass beach.


Master Forger Laurie:

Scrapbooking is my main hobby and it takes up a lot of my time. However I also enjoy gardening, even if I'm not very good at it. The last few years I have been putting in perennial flower beds. This was the perfect challenge to feature me doing something else that I truly love.

 

Now go create your layout. Be sure to come back for more challenges. This is what's up next:

  • 18th June - Challenge #2
  • 22nd June Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy
  • 24th June- Follower Showcase
  • 28th June - July Sneak Peek(on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th June - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps
We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure you visit us on the Facebook Community Group.  You can also visit us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJune2024. See you next time!
  
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.