Wednesday, June 5, 2024

June 2024 - Mini Kit and Projects Reveal

 Are you short on time or do you just need to scrap a few photos or are you a beginner scrapbooker? Then a mini kit may be for you.  A mini kit offers simplicity. It's perfect for beginners or those with limited time. It's also portable and budget friendly, allowing you to create without have overwhelming choices. Two of our Master Forgers are going to show you how they build a mini kit and how they use them. Let's take a look at our Inspiration Kit:

 


Master Forger Tara says this about her mini kit:
I own this whole collection plus all of the extras and because I am in the middle of a military move, I chose to take the easy way out and just create a couple of page kits from this collection.  Here's my kit:

As you can see, I even included photos.  This is important since I will be working out of my Crop In Style tote for a few weeks while we are waiting on the military to deliver our Household Goods after our move across the US. Here are some detail shots with the first photo showing the whole kit spread out on the floor.




 
Here are the layouts that I have created with my mini kit:
I chose photos from my daughter’s and her husband’s first cruise this past November to use with my kit. 


I really had fun creating all of these layers!  Here are some detail shots:




For my second layout, I created a two page layout of an excursion my daughter and her husband went on in Nassau:



This collection seems to create of its own accord. Again, I loved playing with layers to create an eye-catching design for this layout. Here’s some detail shots:



 
 
Master Forger Christine

Just like Master Forger Tara, I am also in the middle of a move, albeit not related to military service.  Just relocating to be near my daughter.

I grabbed a different 49 and Market kit "Kaleidoscope" which has a very similar color palette, to our inspiration PLUS a flamingo paper from my stash.  For embellishments, I found this old puffy sticker sheet from Fancy Pants, plus a little baggie of the Kaleidoscope ephemera, and a small box of Doodlebug sugar letters.


I was able to get 3 full layouts from my little kit.  The gorgeous artwork on these 49 and Market papers makes it easy to use a single piece as the base, which I did for two of the layouts.

This layout had stunning flowers and greenery, which reminded me of the palm trees in my selfie.  I ended up cheating just a bit and pulled out another small alpha to make the word "please" under my Doodlebug title letters.
A little black cardstock and sequins and this layout was done!



This was the second layout where I let the artwork on the paper create almost the entire design.  Plus, I used three of the titles from the puffy sheet.  To give the art some interest, I used my craft knife to cut the edges of the leaves around the wreath so they would lift.  I did mount the pattern paper on a piece of white cardstock.
 
 
This layout is the only one where I used 2 sheets of pattern paper.  The flamingos were perfect for these photos and again I was able to leverage the artwork on the pattern paper to act as much of my embellishments.  I did add some puffy hearts and a bit of the ephemera as well.


I am so pleased with what I was able to come up with using this mini kit and how easy it was to use just paper and a few little embellishments to create these colorful layouts!


 
Next up for the month we will dive into our regular challenges. Here's what coming up:
  • 12th June - Challenge #1
  • 18th June - Challenge #2
  • 22nd June - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy
  • 24th June - Follower Showcase
  • 28th June - July Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th May - Challenge #4 Baby Use Those Scraps 
We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come visit us on the Facebook Community Group.  You can also visit us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcJune2024. See you next time,

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.