Thursday, September 5, 2024

September 2024 - Mini Kits and Projects Reveal

 Are you short on time or do you just need to scrap a few photos or are you a beginner scrapbooker? Then a mini kit may be for you.  A mini kit offers simplicity. It's perfect for beginners or those with limited time. It's also portable and budget friendly, allowing you to create without have overwhelming choices. Two of our Master Forgers are going to show you how they build a mini kit and how they use them. 

Let's take a look at our Inspiration Kit:
Daily Journal from Cocoa Daisy



While I did create a "main" kit, the process was exactly the same as I did here for my mini kit. I chose initial sheets of pattern paper based on the inspiration, I grabbed some photos that would work, then I flushed out the kit with more paper and embellishments, allowing myself to stray a bit from the inspiration to include more theme for my story. 
This is not how I normally kit, but it was the right pace for me this month!
The kit began with a camera print paper based on the camera icons in the inspiration.


Some photos were chosen and more papers were added.


An array of camera embellishments were added, along with some frames and a few extra sticker elements. That completed the kit.


From there it was a matter of constructing a double page layout to fit all the photos.

If you'd like to see more, there is a process video for this on my YouTube channel.


Master Forger Laurie

My kit may be a little large for a mini kit as far as the papers go, but I do like to have choices, since I hadn't picked out which photos I was going to use. I chose mostly greens and blues with some neutral smaller prints. I do love using camera, view master reels and filmstrips as foundation pieces for clusters so I added some of those.

I noticed there were also frames in the inspiration kit so in those went too. I plan to make most of my embellishments this month so I included some camera stamps, filmstrip and flower dies and a stencil. You might notice it's a wave stencil...that's because the blue made me think of water and I'm pretty sure I have some beach photos that will go well with this kit.

Now, that you've seen my kit, here are the layouts I created.







Come back again next week! Let's see what we have lined up for the rest of this month:
  • 12th September - Challenge #1
  • 18th September - Challenge #2
  • 22nd September - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th September - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th September - September Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th September - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

Show us what you've got! We love our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community GroupYou can also catch us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2024 

Scrap happy!


Brandi





No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.