Friday, October 4, 2024

October 2024 Forgeries on the Fourth


 Today is the time of the month when the Master Forgers share their forgeries of what they have created!  Let me remind you of this month's inspiration kit:







Master Forger Misty

I'm here with fabric flowers for you! I've created both felt and upcycled denim flowers. 

The felt beauties were cut using a die set (no longer available). I layered them up with various colors of felt and circles of cardstock hidden between the layers. The cardstock provides stability for the glue to hold on. Gluing felt isn't a super easy thing!


You can see that dies with embossing details will even emboss those into felt. And this is just cheap craft store felt; it is nothing special!


The denim was cut from a damaged pair of pants. There are two styles of flowers here.

Style A, pictured at the top: I cut rough circles and then spiral cut those circles from the outer edge into the middle. Then using a pair of reverse clamp tweezers, I grabbed the dangling outer edge and started rolling it into the middle. Hot glue it once it meets the end and voila!
(Tip: A looser roll makes for a prettier flower. I'll show you my fail for comparison 😂)

Style B, lower flowers. I just cut strips of denim. Then I used glue on a large circle of cardstock to hold the denim in place as I folded and turned the fabric to get it to form around the circle. I moved inward with each turn. Different sized circles and widths of strips create different sizes and fullness of flowers.

And for funsies, here is my fail!


There is a process video on my YouTube channel if you want to see these step by step!


Master Forger JoJo

For this month's forgeries, I got out my dies and made some flowers, bows and a real jean pocket using a piece of a scrapbook paper made out of real jean material. It will be perfect for my baby granddaughter's first pair of jean short photos. 
 


Master Forger Laurie
 
 To create these embellishments I used kraft paper, dies, white embossing powder, stickers and a chipboard die cut. You could also use a punch. I inked the outer edge with brown to give it a autumnal rustic look. If embossing is not your jam, stickers work well, as would word stamps.
 

Master Forger Tara spotted a video on YouTube where one of our FaceBook community members created her own woodgrain!  Thank you to Michele for allowing us to use her video!  Here's the video:

Here's a close-up of this beautiful woodgrain! 

Be sure to post up your forgeries that you make for you kit this month, we would love to see them.  Here is what we have lined up for the rest of this month:

  •  6th October - Mini Kit and Project Reveal 
  • 12th October - Challenge #1 
  • 18th October - Challenge #2
  •  22nd October - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  •  24th October - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th October - November Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community) 
  • 30th October - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We love our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community GroupYou can also catch us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2024 


                                                                 
                                                                     Thank you, JoJo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.