Welcome to our third challenge of the month!
It's time to pull out your July kits and get inspired by a sketch. I always love seeing how one sketch can spark dozens of completely different layouts, and I can't wait to see where this one takes you.
First, a reminder of our inspo kit:
This month's sketch was inspired by the bold graphic designs and strong vertical elements found throughout our Crescendo Deluxe Theme Kit inspiration. The large center panel creates the perfect foundation for photos, while the horizontal band offers plenty of space for embellishments, journaling, or layers.
Feel free to follow the sketch exactly or use it simply as a jumping-off point. Rotate it, flip it, add more photos, swap the embellishment areas for journaling, or adapt it to fit your story. The goal is inspiration, not duplication.
A few things I love about this sketch:
- It works beautifully with both bright and neutral color palettes.
- The four-photo design makes it perfect for documenting an event or series of moments.
- The strong vertical design creates natural movement across the page.
- It leaves plenty of room for embellishments without overwhelming your photos.
Most importantly, have fun with it! Use your counterfeit kit, shop your stash, and make the sketch your own.
Be sure to check out how our Master Forgers interpreted the sketch, then share your own version with us. We love seeing all the creative ways our community brings these challenges to life.
Master Forger Brandi Jo
I opted to use just a single photo to switch up the sketch just a little bit!
![]() |
Master Forger Vikki
I really liked the design of this sketch, so followed it almost exactly. I replaced two of the photos with 3x4 pocket cards that I cut down to fit. I will add a little journaling and the date to these cards. I added a small embellishment cluster in the upper right hand corner to finish the layout.
Now let's get sketchy!
Here's what we have coming up this month:
- 30th - Baby Use Those Scraps
We'd love to see what you create! Share your projects in the Counterfeit Kit Community on Facebook or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge. #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2026
Life moves Fast. Scrap the moments that matter.
Love, Christine | ScrappingHarden



No comments:
Post a Comment
Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation
If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.